Wednesday, 2 February 2011

It's all in the detail...

Last May my lovely Aldo and I got married! I can't believe how time has flown, I have been meaning to do this post for so long now. Soon after getting engaged in Spain, creative Charlie mode kicked in! I read lots of wonderful wedding blogs like Style Me PrettyRock my Wedding and Whimsical Wonderland Weddings (to name but a few!!) and I was completely inspired! Having a very hands on, DIY wedding just added to all the fun and excitement on the run up to the big day. Between myself, Aldo, my Mum, and lots of lovely family and friends we made almost everything we could, from the 80 metres of bunting (BIG thanks to Auntie Ann Booth!) to the 100 jam favours (BIG thanks to Helen Carter!). We even trawled car boot sales and charity shops for vintage style tea cups and sweetie jars. Everyone chipped in and helped out, it was fantastic!

However, the project that was the hardest was the invites! Being a designer I knew I wanted to do them myself but now I was the designer and the client and I was the worst client to work with... EVER!! I couldn't decide on anything because I wanted everything! Oh dear, no wonder it turned into a labour of love! Anyway after chatting to Aldo (in one of our many wedding/pub meetings) we finally came up with a design. I realise now that it wasn't something I could do on my own because it wasn't just about me! Anyway, we were really pleased with them in the end and I hope you like them too.  :0)






























































Also a BIG thank you to Caspa Marketing who sorted the printing for me. 

1 comment:

Sarah Vivienne said...

Gorgeous! So worth the effort!